This policy sets out how we use and protect Personal Information we collect about you when you use this website. “Personal Data” is any information that identifies you or that can be linked to you. You are not under any statutory or contractual obligation to provide us with Personal Data.
This website and its owners take a proactive approach to user privacy and ensure the necessary steps are taken to protect the privacy of its users throughout their visiting experience.
What personal data we may hold and process about you
We only collect information about you if we have a reason to do so - for example, to provide our Services, to communicate with you, or to make our Services better.
We collect information in three ways: if and when you provide information to us, automatically through operating our Services, and from outside sources. Let’s go over the information that we collect.
Information You Provide to Us
We may hold any information you provide to us including your name, e-mail address, user account details. We may also store details of your job applications, job searching preferences and behavior. You may also provide us information when you respond to surveys or communicate with us over Contact Form.
Information We Collect Automatically
We also collect some information automatically:
- Log Information: Like most online service providers, we collect information that web browsers, mobile devices, and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, IP address, unique device identifiers, language preference, referring site, the date and time of access, operating system, and mobile network information. We collect log information when you use our Services. IP addresses are stored in an anonymized form.
- Usage Information: We collect information about your usage of our Services. For example, we collect information about what happens when you use our Services (e.g., page views, features enabled for your website, other interactions with our website and other parts of our Services) along with information about your device (e.g., screen size, name of cellular network, and mobile device manufacturer). We use this information to, for example, provide our Services to you, as well as get insights on how people use our Services, so we can make our Services better.
Personal Data from third-party websites
We may also get information about you from other sources. For example, if you create or log into your Jobiterra.com account through another service (like Google) or if you connect your website or account to a social media service (like Twitter), we will receive information from that service (such as your username, basic profile information, and friends list) via the authorization procedures used by that service. The information we receive depends on which services you authorize and any options that are available.
We may also get information, such as a mailing address, from third party services about individuals who are not yet our users (…but we hope will be!), which we may use, for example, for marketing and advertising purposes like postcards and other mailers advertising our services.
The purposes of the processing
Our use of Personal Data may include some or all the following:
- Sending you important information which we believe you would reasonably expect. This may include for example changes to our Terms and Conditions or other important product or service news
- Carrying out your request to submit a job application
- Delivering to you any job alerts you have requested from us
- Personalizing your job search experience. For example, we may use your work or search history to help show you the most relevant jobs
- Identifying and resolving any complaints or requests for data access or correction
- To monitor and prevent any problems with our Services, protect the security of our Services, detect and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities, fight spam, and protect the rights and property of Jobiterra.com and others, which may result in us declining a transaction or the use of our Services
- To monitor and analyze trends and better understand how users interact with our Services, which helps us improve our Services and make them easier to use
The lawful basis for the processing
In certain cases, such as the delivery of job alerts by email or instant messaging services Jobiterra relies on your explicit (opt-in) consent. You may withdraw your consent at any time by going to your account settings or by unsubscribing from related email communication.
Jobiterra will process your Personal Data where there is a legitimate interest. This may include, for example, emailing you about changes to our products or Terms & Conditions.
Performance of a contract
Jobiterra may hold contracts with third parties where Jobiterra is acting as a Data Processor. In these cases Jobiterra may have a contractual obligation to use your Personal Data in a way that you have consented to with the third party. For example, Jobiterra may deliver job alerts (e.g. via email or IMs) to you under contract from a third party.
Compliance with a legal obligation
Legal obligations can arise where it is necessary for Jobiterra to process Personal Data. For example, Jobiterra may be required to retain records for certain periods of time in order to comply with local legal requirements.
How We Share Information
We do not sell our users’ private personal information.
We share information about you in the limited circumstances spelled out below and with appropriate safeguards on your privacy:
- Third Party Vendors: We may share information about you with third party vendors who need to know information about you in order to provide their services to us, or to provide their services to you or your site. This group includes vendors that help us provide our Services to you, those that assist us with our marketing efforts (e.g. by providing tools for identifying a specific marketing target group or improving our marketing campaigns), those that help us understand and enhance our Services (like analytics providers), and companies that make products available on our websites (such as IM-marketing services like textback.io), who may need information about you in order to, for example, provide technical or other support services to you.
- Legal Requests: We may disclose information about you in response to a subpoena, court order, or other governmental request.
- To Protect Rights, Property, and Others: We may disclose information about you when we believe in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of Jobiterra.com, third parties, or the public at large. For example, if we have a good faith belief that there is an imminent danger of death or serious physical injury, we may disclose information related to the emergency without delay.
- With Your Consent: We may share and disclose information with your consent or at your direction. For example, we may share your information with third parties with which you authorize us to do so, such as the social media services that you connect to your site through our Publicize feature.
- Aggregated or De-Identified Information: We may share information that has been aggregated or reasonably de-identified, so that the information could not reasonably be used to identify you. For instance, we may publish aggregate statistics about the use of our Services and we may share a hashed version of your
- Published Support Requests: And if you send us a request (for example, via a support email or one of our feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish that request in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users.
How long we keep information
If you do not use Jobiterra or interact with our services for a significant period of time, we will delete some or all of your Personal Data from our site. Our criteria for deletion is determined according to the frequency of interactions observed and the nature of the Personal Data.
Your rights to manage your Personal Data
If you are located in certain countries, including those that fall under the scope of the European General Data Protection Regulation (AKA the “GDPR”), data protection laws give you rights with respect to your personal data, subject to any exemptions provided by the law, including the rights to:
- Request access to your personal data;
- Request correction or deletion of your personal data;
- Object to our use and processing of your personal data;
- Request that we limit our use and processing of your personal data; and
- Request portability of your personal data.
You can usually access, correct, or delete your personal data using your account settings and tools that we offer, but if you aren’t able to do that, or you would like to contact us about one of the other rights, scroll down to How to Reach Us to, well, find out how to reach us. EU individuals also have the right to make a complaint to a government supervisory authority.
A cookie is a small file which is saved on your computer by a website. Cookies are typically used on your subsequent visits to a website and they enable it to remember information about your preferences. Generally, cookies do not contain personally identifiable information. Included within the definition of cookies are Locally Stored Objects ("Flash Cookies"), and HTML5 Local Storage. More information about cookies can be found here:www.aboutcookies.org. Jobiterra uses two types of cookie:
- Cookies set by us: we use these to improve your user experience, for example by saving your recent searches so you can access them again easily or by saving your password to automatically log you into your Jobiterra account
- Cookies set by third parties: these primarily enable us to track the performance of our website which helps us improve the service we provide (for example through Google Analytics which collects anonymous statistical data about pages visited). We also use third party cookies to help deliver relevant jobs and advertising both on Jobiterra and on other websites.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you decline cookies, you may lose functionality or features of the Jobiterra website.
Our website contains links to other websites. This privacy notice only applies to this website so when you link to another website then their privacy notice will apply.
How to Reach Us